RAM Trouble(possibly)

Status
Not open for further replies.

xspinx7799

Solid State Member
I bought new RAM about 4 months ago and ever since then my computer has been acting up frequently, but I didn't really think much of it till now. If I do too much on my computer the screen flashes repeatedly and I have quite a few rogue pixels on my screen. I keep getting graphical issues with any game I play, here's an example below:

http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/6872/strangerc4.jpg

Also I have a nVidia Geforce 7900 GS, and I upgraded from 1 gig stock RAM to 2x 1gig A-DATA high performance RAM.

Is it my video card going out or just faulty RAM?

Thank you for any answer.

that would be a vid problem more than likely... have you tried installing new graphics drivers... also... have you tried with other games?

Yeah I've tried most of the games I have, which is around 5-6. And I've reinstalled my video card drivers a few times to see if that works, but those are just the ones I got from nVidia.com so I assumed they were for my card.

any other ram that you have laying arond to give a shot... or have you tried taking out the new ram..

and... do you have any other vid cards to test out???

but to me.. it sounds like ur video card may be ready to go... check the temperature on your video card... what is it getting idle and on load

I don't have any other RAM, but I ordered some more to come here in a few days. As for the video card I don't think its a temperature problem because I have my case open, which stops the flashing of the screen, but I still have the graphical issues.

do you have any temperature monitors??

it really sounds like the video card wants to go.. i think my ol' radeon x1900xtx is doing the same

First time using this program, forgive me, but it says GPU1 is running at 48C.

I don't know the conversion chart but that seems really high.

118F, just changed the display.

no, that is actually just fine... gpu's are made to run up until 120c (120 being the slowdown threshhold)

48 is actually kind of low for idle... highest it should reach while gaming is arond 80c-90c

what company was ur card manufactured by?? you may still have warranty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom