ram slots 1 & 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

MAD LARKIN

Baseband Member
My mother board (see signature) is surposed to suport dual channel pc 3200 ram. When i first built it a while ago, it would only let me put my ram in slots 2 and 4 which was fine then. But now Im wanting to uprgrade to 2 gigs, but when ever i put ram in slots 1 or 3 my computer wont start and I hear beep... beep... beep... beep... My power supply is only 20 pin, would this matter at all? Any ideas? I hope i dont have to buy a whole new mother board.

Have you tried putting your original ram in slots 1 and 3? Did the manual say anything about how to dual channel them?

All the manual has to say about ram is: Due to CPU specifications limitation, two DDR400 memory moduels inserted into DIMM 1/3, three DDR400 into DIMM 1/2/3, or four DDR 400 into DIMM 1/2/3/4 is not recomended.

Which just confuses me...

It does say that it supports four 184pinn DDR up to 4gb and Dual Channel DDR266/333/400. Any time i put ram into slot 1 or 3 it gives me the beep and wont start, just 1 stick into 1 just 1 into 3, i just get beep beep beep, the 2/4 combonation is the only thing that will work.

Well sounds like the mobos just not letting you do it. Id never cheap out on a motherboard for a case, id cheap out on the case for a motherboard :).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom