Ram seen as 400mhz not 800mhz.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abstract Hero

Hyper Techie
Alright guys my ram in cpu-z, speccy, etc. Is being read at 200mhz dual channel so 400mhz I have a set of corsair xms2's that are rated @ 800mhz and kingston values @ 667 (they claim to be capable of 1066 but it'd be nice if they did better than 400) and neither are read at that speed.

How can I fix this.
Foxconn em61sm (Acer aspire model)
athlon 64 x2 4450e
2x2 corsair xms2 800
2x1 kingston value 667

Usually faster ram clocks down to the clocks of the other modules, Try going into the BIOS and manually setting the timings and frequencies there :)

- Josh.

DDR, DDR2 and DDR3 are all "Double Data Rate". You have to multiple the reported value by 2 (double) to get the true speed (Data rate).

Ah the classic "My rams too slow" question... What really throws people is they think the 2 in DDR2 is the reason, and so they think the 3 in DDR3 means to triple it.

But as you said Slay, its Double Data Rate 1, 2 or 3.

no see I understand the whole double data thing but I'm not getting me full clock I should be

I am reading 200 so 200 X 2 = 400
I should have 400 because 400 X 2 = 800

I feel like I just got the he's a noob answer.

EDIT:
I'm not DDR retarded but MAYBE I'm reading it wrong.
Someone please explain.
Untitled.png

This was taken while I was tuning (30 secs ago) so the clock is slightly higher.

OK, you need to change the " FSB : DRAM " Ratio and the latencies setting, in the bios. But, it appears from your original post that the mobo is from a Acer Aspire? If this is indeed the case then you may not be able to adjust these settings. If you do have a few bios options available then I might be able to help you. But I need to know what options you have and the choices they give you for each one. And I need to see the cpu-z cpu screen (can you take a screenshot of each window individually so there not so small , your killing my eyes).

cpu-z szays your ram is only pc 5400 anyway... at 333mhz and slot 2 is only pc6400 at 400mhz.

So theres no way you can hit 800mhz with theses ram as you DON'T HAVE DDR2 800 RAM.

cpu-z szays your ram is only pc 5400 anyway... at 333mhz and slot 2 is only pc6400 at 400mhz.

So theres no way you can hit 800mhz with theses ram as you DON'T HAVE DDR2 800 RAM.

The slot 1 & 2 ram is rated f0r 800 (400)
The Ram in slot 3 & 4 is rated at 667 (333)
am I missing something here?
should I not be atleast running 33bloodyfrickin3?!!!

WHAT I"M SEEING on the ram stick its self is 800mhz on the corsair and 667 on the kingston (which ironically is) twice 400 and 333.3

cpuz is saying on pic 2 that they are running only 432 (215) oc'd

1-1.png

2-1.png

3-1.png

4-1.png

the only option that involves ram in any way in the bios is
"OS select for DRAM"
with the options
OS2
Non-OS2 (which is the one selected)

I apologize that im irritable guys this is just something i know i wouldnt have issues with if i weren't using this POS mobo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom