Ram question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dio1080

In Runtime
I have my Ram sticks place in this method. X X O O. "X" means ram sticks as "O" means empty slots. I read on some guide that I should place them in this method. X O X O. Since I have dual core is that the right thing to do? Will Vista run better of I change them up?

Most motherboards are xoxo but some are xxoo in order to run dual channel. It should be in the motherboard manual.

colour coding of the slots often gives it away too, you want to match up the colours - so if you have 2 slots in one colour and 2 in another you want your 2 sticks both in the same colour slots.

Yeah your right its X X O O, gosh, those guides will mess you up if you don't pay attention.

it all depends on your mobo and btw windows vista peaks its ram usage and starts to slow down because it has to process all of that extra memory after 4 gigs so dont buy more than that and the person above is right it usually is color coated

Thanks guys, they were color coded. But, deciding to go ahead and install XP instead until SP1 comes out to fix Vista.

ok just remember dont buy more than 3 gigs of ram for xp unless you get 64 bit edition it starts to slow down with three gigs. of ram(windowx xp)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom