RAM problem, help

Both boards had dual core AMD chips but different ghz. The mixed memory is a Athlon x2 4550E CPU and the board with the matched 4gb of memory is an Athlon x2 3800 cpu
I just think it's a strange quirk and not too concerned about it, in fact I do not have the board with the mixed memory any more, I spoke with the person about I sold it too about a week later and he stated he was happy with it and left him with my name and number in case he has any issues with it. I still have the pc with the matched 4gb of memory, boots every time
The boards are Asrock N86C S UCC models

Last edited:
I was talking about the OPs problem. Auto settings on the laptop could be causing instability on one of the sticks. I've personally never had issues running mismatched sticks since I've had SDRAM. Was just a case of finding settings that all sticks liked together.

I was talking about the OPs problem. Auto settings on the laptop could be causing instability on one of the sticks. I've personally never had issues running mismatched sticks since I've had SDRAM. Was just a case of finding settings that all sticks liked together.

PP do you think I should change some settings on the BIOS?

Some boards are just picky about what memory you put in it than other boards and a lot of older boards do not let you adjust the memory timings....especially OEM boards

PP do you think I should change some settings on the BIOS?

Some boards are just picky about what memory you put in it than other boards and a lot of older boards do not let you adjust the memory timings....especially OEM boards
OP your problem will be what Joe just said. Since it's a laptop I doubt you can manually adjust speed, timings, and voltage.

these are the sticks, everything is the same but the size right?

Thanks again to all of you who replied

mbtUkBi.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom