Ram Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

groovelite

Solid State Member
I have:
Athlon 3700+ on San Diego
Biostar TForce4U
3 Gigs of Ram (2x512mb Geil, 2x1Gig G.Skill)
Radeon x850xt
Windows XP Pro

My problem is that, while all of my ram sticks are good, windows shows there is only 2.5 gigs, cpu-cool shows 2 gigs, and cpu-Z properly identifies all three. Is there a known problem with Windows not identifying certain amounts of RAM? They are set in channels to run in dual mode, identical sticks, but is it even possible to run dual with 2 512's in one channel and 2 1024's in the other? And finally, if windows isnt recognizing the last stick of 512, is my machine taking advantage of it?

Any help is appreciated thanks.

some motherboards can't do 3 slots of ram, so go check your manual, also your current setting would make your system doing single channel.

how many slots do you have?

if four, put the gig sticks in dual channel
and the 512's

WHAT DO YOU NEED 3 GIGS ANYWAYS?

My motherboard has 4 slots supporting dual channel, room for 4 gigs. My 512's are in dual mode and so are my 1024's, that is, they are both in the same slot as their respective match. Everything is set up right, it has to be a software side issue. Like I said, CPU-Z reads them all right, but Windows will only read 2.5, and CPU-COOL will only read 2.

contact your MOBO support there might be a compatibility issue with th mobo and type(brand)of ram you using

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom