RAM Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

XI_xtasy_ix

In Runtime
I installed 8 Gigs of G.Skill @ 1600 and I looked in my system specs and it says that I have 8 installed but that only 4 are available.

View attachment 5160

Also I am having a bit of trouble installing updates, restarting, and it randomly crashed last night and I got the BSOD. I don't know if this might be the RAM issue or a whole different one.

IDK if it's something I did wrong, something wrong with my MOBO, or just a bad stick of RAM.

If anyone could help I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 53
What is the BSOD stop error? Do you have a 64-bit OS? Might want to run memtest just incase. Let it run at least 2 passes.

The most recent one didnt seem to have an error. But last night I got i believe it was IRQL_NOT_LESS_THAN_EQUAL. I could be wrong though

and yes I am on a 64 Bit OS

Go into your BIOS and double check your settings for memory are the same as advertised (correct voltages, speed, etc). When I added my Kingston memory to my system, I got that error and had to reduce the memory voltage. If these are all good, I'd take out one stick of RAM and run on just one for a while (assuming its 2 x 4gb), and then switch them.

Could it be just the MOBO has an issue with one of the slots? I could try to put the ram in the other 2 slots to see if its the MOBO? or I could put back in my old RAM to see if I just have a bad stick? would either of those ideas work?

Im just brainstorming right now. I have to work in an hour and I dont wanna leave it in pieces. Ill actually do the work tomorrow prolly. Just looking for ideas right now.

I tried turning on my computer today and the computer powered up but nothing happened on the screen. I turned off the computer opened it up and switch my RAM to the other slots and tried to power up again. This time it turned on and the screen worked but I am still only reading that I have 4 Gigs of RAM available even though I have 8 installed. I tried my other set of RAM in the first spaces, it booted up but said I only had 2 Gigs of RAM installed even though its actually 4 Gigs.

Thoughts?

Memtest is only detecting 4GBs as well. Did you do as Mind suggested?
Also, your latencies are high. Make sure that your RAM settings are correct in your BIOS.

Memtest is only detecting 4GBs as well. Did you do as Mind suggested?
Also, your latencies are high. Make sure that your RAM settings are correct in your BIOS.

What part are you referring to? And I usually run everything at stock so I don't really know what the RAM setting are suppose to look like to begin with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom