ram increased ????

Status
Not open for further replies.

ktskevin

Beta member
i recently increase my ram from 256 to 640 and still the games run quite slowly
i check and these games should work perfectly eg: command & conquer generals, lord of the ring RTK etc

my system config
intel P IV 1.8Ghz
640MB SDRRAM
intel 845G graphics
WIN XP pro

please help?

well maybe you should think about upgrading from intrgrated video to a video card, also your intergrated uses some of your system memory. and i would suggest a gig itleast, and make sue you dont have any programs running, virus scan/ spyware scan etc.

ktskevin said:
i recently increase my ram from 256 to 640 and still the games run quite slowly
i check and these games should work perfectly eg: command & conquer generals, lord of the ring RTK etc

my system config
intel P IV 1.8Ghz
640MB SDRRAM
intel 845G graphics
WIN XP pro

please help?

Well i know command and conquer generals will slow down so that one second ingame is about 1.5-2 seconds real time if your on a slower computer. This happened to me with my p4 1.7ghz, 512ram, radeon 9800pro. Once i built my new computer with amd 3700+, 1gig ddr ram, same radeon 9800pro, the game runs at normal speed.

I dunno what it is about EA with there RTS games, they do something to them to slow down on not the best systems because it also happened to me on lord of the rings battle for middle earth RTS game made by the same people. On my old system it ran incredibly slow and i had no idea why, im guessing it was weak processing power, maybe the ram because the more units that were in the game for either game, the slower it got.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom