Ram help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

chaosunknown

Baseband Member
I got a new video card for christmas the geforce 7300 GS and It has been working great but when I try playing Doom 3, it takes forever for the game to boot up and load the levels. I already upgraded my drivers and updated the doom 3 patch 1.3 and all that stuff. So I think it is my ram cuz I have 512 ram and when I check to see how much ram is available only like 200 MB are left cuz its being taken up by other stuff. Can anyone tell me how I can fix it and free up some ram. I am pretty sure it is the ram cuz I don't have any problem with playing halo which takes up less ram.

chaosunknown said:
I got a new video card for christmas the geforce 7300 GS and It has been working great but when I try playing Doom 3, it takes forever for the game to boot up and load the levels. I already upgraded my drivers and updated the doom 3 patch 1.3 and all that stuff. So I think it is my ram cuz I have 512 ram and when I check to see how much ram is available only like 200 MB are left cuz its being taken up by other stuff. Can anyone tell me how I can fix it and free up some ram. I am pretty sure it is the ram cuz I don't have any problem with playing halo which takes up less ram.

Bingo!!! Mo Memory!! And Doom 3 is a video card FPS hog. My 7950gt only runns that game at 45 FPS!!!! Free up of memory:

Go to Run: and type in msconfig. Go to Startup Tab and unclick everything except your anti-virus software. Reboot...that will help. Best choice is another 512mb of memory!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom