RAM Compatability Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

GamerKingFaiz

Beta member
Hey guys, so I wanted to buy some RAM, so I ran a scan with Crucial's scanner, and that's how I knew which type of RAM to get, and I got these results.

So I ordered 2 GB of RAM, yesterday to replace in my laptop which is running 2x 512 MB, or 1 GB.

One minute detail I overlooked on my scan results page was this:
Each memory slot can hold DDR2 PC2-5300 with a maximum of 1GB per slot.*

*Not to exceed manufacturer supported memory.

How accurate are these scans. Will the 2 GB stick I ordered really not be recognized by my Laptop?

Or is what Crucial recommending just some Manufacturing limit, which can be overruled?

Dang. I was hoping that maybe it was just reading some default manufacturer reading, and that I could actually install the 2 GB stick, and have my laptop recognize it.

I wonder what frys.com's return policy is. Do they return things that are already opened. I want to still test it when it arrives before coming to any conclusions.

Blast, who knew such a limitation existed. Alright, well I won't even open it.

Has anyone tried returning anything frys.com, is it pretty hitch free?

EDIT: Alright well I called them up, and the lady said that it was in the process of being shipped, and that she'd try to cancel it. If she couldn't and I got a shipping confirmation instead of a cancellation confirmation, I'd just need to call back. In the end, the problem seems to be solved. Thanks guys.

Now to find a good deal on 2x 1 GB sticks...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom