RAM Boot Issue. - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Closed Thread
Old 06-16-2006, 09:17 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default RAM Boot Issue.

Hey guys, first post but I think I can make a decent job ofit.

Now, there is one obvious answer to the issue, but I'd like to rule out everything else before I take it back.

Hardware Refferences:

Curiously, I cant find a refference to the RAM memory, but its 1 gig DDR400(3200) 184 pin. Delta Bran.

Okay, now before I bought RAM I bought that GPU in replacement for a Ge-Force4MX, due to its limited DX Ability. I need a card that atleast supported DX9. But when I got this GPU I realised it was limited by the other peices of hardware. Particulary the RAM memory. So I bought a new.

I picked it up today, seated it, booted the PC and voila, abnormal boot noises (In this case no boot noises) and a black screen, presumably no signal coming from the GPU. I've resetted CMOS, tried the older RAM (Boot was succesful with that RAM) and even tried removing the GPU in-case of GPU incompatibility. After all that Im inclined to conclude faulty RAM, but I'd like a second opinion before I take it back to the retailer.

Any help would be appreciated.

Closed Thread