Raid0 problems - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Closed Thread
Old 08-17-2011, 03:15 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Raid0 problems

So finally finished my build and now getting into bios currently using Gigabyte's P67a-ud7-b3 mobo, and using the marvell chipset to build my raid0 with x2 1TB Seagate barricuda 7200rpm 32mb cache.

So im in the intergrated peripherals section, and i switch my SATA controller from IDE to Raid(xhd) than scroll down to SATA raid configure and create the virtual drive using both HDDs...after installing os and crap the Virtual Drive isnt recognize. so i go back into the bios thinking i have to install the seagate software first and configure the HDDS first seperately than reboot to configure them into raid0 but still wont show up. is there a step im missing? I also installed all the Marvell utilities but there not really helping or giving me any direction lol...would help if someone has done this before told me exact steps on configuring this out would be greatly greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Old 08-17-2011, 05:26 AM   #2 (permalink)
Default Re: Raid0 problems

For Raid AHCI check how your hdd's and dvdrw's are set to boot up in bios.
Go to boot sequence and configure that first, then save it.
Once done enable raid mode.

Also have a look at this link for for more reference, it's not hard to do at all, butit can be problematic when hdd's act up or windows or linux throws some things out ofwhack.

RAID AHCI mode? - Overclockers Forums
Closed Thread