RAID0 - Drive failure?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icy

Beta member
People who want straigh tto the point can skip the first paragraph.

Currently I'm running RAID0. I'm experiencing the famous clicking HD when it's trying to find information. It's comming up as missing as well, so baiscly it's toast or is it? Also if this awnswer to that question is yes. I was wondering if their is a way to convert the exsiting drive out of RAID and run only a single drive in till I can get the shipment of the new drive in the mail, then rebuild my information from their. I've done some pretty elaborate troubleshooting, so I'm sure that it is not a simple problem (I have CompTia A+ certification so I know a decent amount, I just have little experience with RAID).

In summary for fast scanners:

A clicking (seeking) HD is toast?

Is their a way to convert out of RAID making the system functional?

Thank you for your time and input.

One of the drives has failed and with RAID 0 (stripping) you have no data safeguard. Even if you could mount the good drive you would still only be able to recover segments of the stripped data which would be usless. Always install an IDE or USB external HD for backup for RAID 0. Your data is toast!!!!!! Or run 2 Drives RAID 0 and hte other Raid 5 for backup.

Ok thank you for clearing that up. That is what I thought but wasn't completly sure. I don't carry important data on my computer with my RAID so I don't need to back up, but that is an important note to those who do run RAID and don't backup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom