RAID setup problem and read error

Status
Not open for further replies.

cypherotu

Baseband Member
I am seting up a new computer and have two things I am curious about.
1). I have setup a RAID drive from two 150GB drives. When the computer boots it seems to read the drive correctly because when it scrolls past the loading screen it says it sees 1 275 GB drive.
However, when I run the windows installer it still sees two seperate drives. Is this correct? Can the windows installer see past the RAID or did I set it up wrong.

2)
The windows install wont continue. I formated a new partition and ran the first part of windows installer. It then needs a restart. I restart the computer, everything loads, and it says boot from disk. I let this run past so it boots from the drive (if I boot from the disk it just goes back to the first install and thinks I am trying to install another instance of windows). When the machine starts up the windows install again it says "disk read error" .
Could this be a problem with my harddrive or with the CD? Could the RAID problem above be causing it?

you need to use the sata raid controller driver on windows setup , some mobos come with a floppy that contains it , if the mobo didnt come with one then youll probably find it on the mobo cd just copy to a floppy , alternativly you can integrate it with nlite http://www.nliteos.com/nlite.html , anyway to use the floppy on windows setup click F6 about a second after it starts (when you see press f6 to install scsi/raid drivers at the bottom) after 2 mins it will ask for the floppy..

you must use the sata raid controller driver in order for windows setup to identify it properly
you need to use the floppy while installing windows , as alredy said you need to press F6 after you see this message the bottom http://www.windowsreinstall.com/winxppro/nodriveimages/Image2.gif usally a second after it loaded , after 2 mins it will ask for the floppy..

alternativly you can integrate it with nlite then you wont need to use a floppy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom