Raid Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

PZEROFGH

Golden Master
Since my time with the 30 day activation has run out, i had to reformat my hdd :) and i had my other hdd in there to access all my other programs, but i saw that i really had no need for that full hdd with all my info on it so i decided to reformat both and put them in raid.

I reformatted my hdd's then i enabled raid in my bios and install the OS, now whenever i boot up it would say Disk error hit ctrl+alt+del to restart, but then when i go into my bios and say disabled raid it boots up into windows fine? whats up with this? I tried to install the raid drivers from my windows xp cd, but whenever i hit F6 it just wont even bother and then continue on with the setup??!??!?!

I want raid! lol

2 sata150 seagate barracuda hdd's both 80GB's now im getting a disk boot failure, insert system disk and press enter.

so i insert my windows xp cd, and that error message still comes up, even if i hit disable raid ARG!!

You need a 3rd party driver via floppy..... I will find one for you.

Edit: It is recommended that you use the disk that either came with the MOBO or the HDD's. Do you have either of these ?

1) my hdd was OEM :)

2) i dont have one that came with ym DFI Mobo

3) i had one that came with my MSI mobo but i cant find it :(

4) i cant even boot up anymore even with just one hdd

5) im looking as hard as i can for my floppy cd and wheres the floppy drive connector on my DFI mobo ?

Default your bios, Only install 1 drive. Boot to disk...

Lets get your machine running instead of worrying about the RAID config.

Yeah, i want to raid 0 so i can download bf2 maps twice as fast then all of you, though i get their before anyone anyways :) lol

http://www.dfi.com.tw/Support/Download/driver_download_us.jsp?PRODUCT_ID=3449&STATUS_FLAG=A&SITE=NA

so i can just download that and put it on a Floppy, WHERE IS THE FLOPPY CONNECTOR ARG@!@

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Showi...+939+NVIDIA+nForce4+Ultra+ATX+AMD+Motherboard

if its the thing on the side, my hdd is right above it so how am i supposed to access it, does it slide in from the right towards the mobo, or from the left and toward the outside of the mobo?

i need a raid floppy hmm

Its funny with my raid. I can load the map earlier than everyone else can so i can get the good vehicles in the game. Then i wait for alittle while and people start showing up.

The floppy connector is the socket next to the SATA ports and the floppy connects from the right towards the mobo. Right below the IDE sockets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom