RAID Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

thatsinsane

Solid State Member
I have a RAID 0 array using two 500gb Western Digital Caviars and the on-board NVRaid controller on my motherboard (Asus A8N-E). Recently, after switching cases and booting up my re-assembled PC, I realized the SATA cable on one of the two drives wasn't plugged in.

Now, the NVRaid utility reports the array's status as "error", saying one of the disks isn't there even after I reconnected the cable. A reboot proved useless and the array still reports the error. In the Windows NVRaid utility "RAID Manager", it shows my array and one of the disks underneath it and then "Free Disk" and the other drive (the one that was unplugged) underneath that.

Is there anyway to make the other disk part of the array again without erasing all of my data and rebuilding the array? If not, is there anyway to at least recover my data? I have somewhere around 600gb of essential data.

What does it say in disk manager? Are the disks there and does it say they're basic or dynamic disks. Also is this a software or hardware RAID?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom