RAID hickups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timaphillips

In Runtime
I have RAID set up for mirroring. I like the security it offers since this is a work machine and used for AutoCAD drawings. The only problem is that it hickups quite often during normal use. It's not just a multitasking problem at all. I could just be running itunes and it'll hickup. In case nobody understands what i mean by hickup, I mean it slows down for a second and then goes back to normal operation. I checked the CPU monitor and it doesn't shop an unusual high CPU % when it happens. Is there any fix for it? I'm using Intel's Matrix Storage program that came with my HP. I was going to reverse the RAID but it looks like I will lose all my data and have to start new. I don't want to go through that mess.

My machine is not the one listed below. I'm running a HP m7674n with 2 Gigs RAM and a Core 2 Duo 6400 (2.13 GHz). I'm guessing it's just a casualty of reading and writing to two hard drives at the same time.... =(

Make sure that you have installed hardware/software acceration software for that Intel mobo. Most Intel RAID configurations require hardware and software acceleration protocols to prevent the issues you are having.

Is that something I'll find on Intel's website? I thought the Intel Matrix Console application was their software??

Timaphillips said:
Is that something I'll find on Intel's website? I thought the Intel Matrix Console application was their software??

The matrix software only gives you realtime data about the status of your current RAID configuration. Check support at HP or look at your original installation software. Note; once you have installed software/hardware acceleration earlier verions of Nero 6 will no longer function.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom