RAID 0 Problem... urgent help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tennykim

Solid State Member
Hi, I've got 2 HDs total of 260GB as RAID 0 for C drive. (SATA)

Last night, my motherboard went crazy and I realised that it requires a replacement.

I don't get any screen display although it seems that the computer goes into Windows (without screen)...

Is there anyway (let alone the screen display problem) to backup the data in C drive? I mean by all possible means...

If it was a single disk then, I would have just take the hard drive out and the problem is solved... but I am scared if I change the motherboard or use different RAID controller, it would destory the array and therefore lose all the data...

I thank you guys in advance for any help.

First you have to know if the board or the video card is the actual problem with no display being seen. With Windows loading normally? it sounds more like a bad video card. Have you heard anything more then a single beep at post or something like one long followed by two or more?

First you have to know if the board or the video card is the actual problem with no display being seen. With Windows loading normally? it sounds more like a bad video card. Have you heard anything more then a single beep at post or something like one long followed by two or more?

Firstly, I thank you for your reply.

There was clear some beep sounds... it was one long beep followed by 4~5 short beeps (sometimes it beeped 4... sometimes it beeped five times).

I do not think it is a graphic card problem, since I could use it on my other desktop...

Memory problems will also cause this type of error code as well as the cpu. If you know who made the bios there are reference charts for the various beep code alerts for different hardwares.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom