Radeon X600 Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

pupuplader

Solid State Member
I am at my friends house and she wants to connect her computer to her tv. This is pretty straight and forward and I didnt think that I would have any problems. Connected tv though s-vid and everything appears fine at first.

However I can no set the correct resolution the the tv. The tv can support up to 1900x1200, when I set this it stays the exact same and then will start panning. Those that dont know what panning means is that the tv only displays a 1024x768 area and you can put the mouse in top of the screen and it will pan up to show what is there.

I made sure that the diver was updated, X600 is now legacy not to much support anymore. The only resolution that displays without panning is 1024x768.

Am I out of luck since the X600 is out date or am I missing something.

It is a 4-pin S-Video cable. The TV will only take a 4-pin. I have used a 4-pin before with my brother's laptop with this tv with no problems. He had a nividia 6800 mobile I think. I have used S-video calbles with several other computers on different TV's with no problem. However this is by far the oldest card.

Messed with this for a while now and still have the same issue. Reinstalled the gpu driver with no effect. I was wonder if any of you knew of good third party drivers that would work.

Thanks for any help. I might just have to break down and by a new card, a radeon 4350 for $20 off newegg isnt that bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom