Radeon HD 3650 problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

mister_mv

Solid State Member
This is my first post around here and my english isn't perfect, so pleas ebe gentle :)

I have an old computer (after some standards):
Motherboard: Asus A7V600-x with 3G memory installed, 2 hdd drives, one on IDE and one on SATA (WD800JD), AMD processor at 1600, an ATX 400 source and a recently bought video card from Saphire: AGP Ati Radeon HD 3650, 512 MB.
Before that, my video card was an Ati radeon 9200 and all went fine. Xp was installed on my system, on the IDE drive, and the sata drive was just for storage. I had some problems with the sata drive when i bought it (it was invisible in XP), but managed to fix that with an jumper for limiting the speed. Anyway, all went fine until the new video card. I installed the video card, installed the drivers, but when I tried to play some games, i had no image. I tried to change the drivers with new ones from the AtI site and also Saphire's site. Same problem. I tried to set the Graphic apperture size in BIOS from 64 to 512 (i don't know what is that) and all the image disapiered. Now, the Graphic appertuse size is set to 256, and I see the image in the games, but the image is pixelated, or i have some tiny colored squares on my LG flat monitor (dvi cable). Also, the text in the games is not whole. I really can't describe the image that i see :). Also, some colors in XP are changed. For example, when i log on, the Wellcome text from XP has a blue shadow. That shadow is red now, and also, in my browser, blue bolded text is red. I installed Vista on the sata drive to see if i have the same problem, but there all went almost fine. The games were ok, but the effects (from aero) sometimes freezes for one sec, and scrolling in browser is also, not smooth and it looks like the browser is trying hard to make the scroll.
Long story so far, but I wanted to make the situation as much as clearer as posible. So, any ideea why?

P.S. I tried to find some similar solution around here, but didn't get anything as close as this, except maybe that the PS is to small. Could this be that the PS is far less powerfull for my computer?

Thank you

Update: I changed the PS with a bigger and a better one, and the results are the same :(

I've reinstalled a clean windows, Vista and XP, so the old drivers couldn't be there. By the way, now, after seeing some movies, I also thing that I don't see theyr natural colors. All is kinda orange :(

Try re-setting the card in the PCI-e slot. I had a 'sort of' similar problem, and all it came down to was that the card wasnt in quite as far as it should have been. Sometimes graphics cards dont sit well with your case and motherboard. Just try making sure it is really firmly in there.

I've reinstalled a clean windows, Vista and XP, so the old drivers couldn't be there. By the way, now, after seeing some movies, I also thing that I don't see theyr natural colors. All is kinda orange :(

It still could be the drivers if you do not have the most current set. Could also be your monitor. Test it with a different monitor.

I've tried different sort of drivers, including dose from Saphire and Ati's site. Each time, the results were the same. I don't have any PCIe slot (the card is on AGP), but i'll look anyway to see if the card is well set and also, i'll try with a different monitor (this one it has a dvi cable, but it does the same on a normal cable too)

omg i have same problems! when i wanna play some games i cant see all text! tried to instal agp fix it says that it cannot recognize driver for my card! same problem! any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom