R52 Docking Station - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Closed Thread
Old 03-12-2008, 09:59 AM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Techie
Default R52 Docking Station

I have a docking station that is built for a R52, and a bunch of other models. Recently one of our people at the office had her docking station ~failed. What I mean by ~failed, is that the keyboard still works(PS/2) but none of the usb ports work, the laptop recieves no power even though it is plugged in. I recently took a look at it and was unable to explain it, After talking with my boss we thought the docking station died, even though this didnt seem possible, so we bought a new docking station, same model number and everything. After plugging in the laptop, we are still having the same issues with a new docking station and power cord. I also tested the old laptop with a different computer, but it was the same model number, an R52. I also updated the bios, since after a google search supposedly a bios update fixed the usb problem, but it was a no go. I am very confused with this problem, as I thought a new docking station would fix it. Anyone have any ideas on this?

Old 03-12-2008, 10:49 AM   #2 (permalink)
Formerly known as BuggyVeyron
Send a message via MSN to Ewc1307
Default Re: R52 Docking Station

This rings a bell...have we seen this problem recently posted here on TF? - Did it not get resolved in the end?

Old 03-17-2008, 08:46 AM   #3 (permalink)
Junior Techie
Default Re: R52 Docking Station

where and under what title?
Closed Thread