quiz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry it took so long to get back on this question. There was a half right answer. The solution was that the subnet mask and default gateway weren't set.

Dan

dipique said:
Sorry it took so long to get back on this question. There was a half right answer. The solution was that the subnet mask and default gateway weren't set.

Dan

I was thinking that it had something to do with a subnet mask, but i dont know what a subnet mask does... lol

H4x3r said:
the answer to my question...was to strap a block of thermite ontop of the hdd...then when the cops come...flip the switch

You took that from The Broken lol.

some extra info on the question about win95 and usb....i don't think USB support was added until win95C so any previous versions wouldn't support it at all. nobody asked about my x-ray :(. well it went well anyway, my leg is not broken and i haven't f****d up my knee.

problem: timmy is setting up a multiboot system. he wants to have windows xp and windows 98se. however timmy only has the upgrade version of windows xp. he normally installs 98se then uses his xp upgrade disc over that.

question: what problem will timmy have if he tries this method with a multi-boot?

timmy will be wiping windows 98se every time he installs windows xp update thinnngy

to fix this all he has to do is create 2 partitions and then install 98se on both then just update 1 :p

my turn :D
timmy has a 6600GT on a mobo that has no intergrated sollution and he thinks its too slow :( its working fine just useing all the software on the cd so he goes out and buys himself a nice geforce 6200 WTF???? anyways when he plugs the card in and trys to play doom3 his comp gets .2fps he thinks WTF and then goes into word. but the annimation of opening the windoes menus lags he tries to move around a folder and that lags so what is happening?

Timmy decides to reload XP, and pops in the disk to start the reinstallation after performing a backup. Only after he's already installed the new XP does he remember that he forgot to backup his documents. He goes into "C:\documents and settings" and sees his old folder there. He opens it up and sees his "my documents" folder along with his desktop and settings folders. He then double clicks on the My Documents folder, but it doesn't open, citing "permission denied." Timmy's user account already has administrative privelages. How can Timmy access those old files?

Dan

Re:

...If Windows XP Home, then boot into safe mode, then login to Administrator account. If Windows XP Professional, then just login to Administrator account in normal mode...

...then open properties of the specific directory / directories, security tab, and change permissions to the user of the local machine, setting the relevant deny / allow permissions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom