Quick Reference Website

Status
Not open for further replies.

CommonCents

Solid State Member
Does anyone use or have a quick reference website that they use for troubleshooting issues? I thought it would be real handy to have access to when I'm working on a PC and go brain dead on a issue.

You can also try any of the sticky posts found at the top of each subforum category. A plethora of information awaits.

I guess I should have explained more. I do use google, that's actually how I first found this site. I was thinking of something similar to - Technibble - A Resource for Computer Repair Technicians & to get PC tech support help.. Something where everything is in one place and you're not really reading through a bunch of posts to get your answer. Is there something you guys use in you day to day tech life or is most of the issues you fix based off what you remember?

Well Microsoft's TechNet pages are good. It requires some noodling around, but hey. They are the official source in Windows, besides Mak213 ;) I know you are looking for an all-inclusive site with more minimal searching...however, you should still have this as a bookmark nontheless.

TechNet Troubleshooting and Support

I guess I should have explained more. I do use google, that's actually how I first found this site. I was thinking of something similar to - Technibble - A Resource for Computer Repair Technicians & to get PC tech support help.. Something where everything is in one place and you're not really reading through a bunch of posts to get your answer. Is there something you guys use in you day to day tech life or is most of the issues you fix based off what you remember?

No. Seriously that is the best answer. Cause there is no site that has referenced every error that you can possibly get and its solution.

Even to this day i still use Google, Live Search and Microsoft search and i read thru numerous Newsgroups posting, forum topics and much more to find answers to problems. Even with my vast knowledge of Windows i am still not above using these basic tools and a lot of reading to find answers that will help.

I have at least 150 bookmarks of various sites that hold answers to common questions. But still not a single site that is referenced for all of them. It is just to much to try and get all under 1 roof.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom