Quick Reference Website - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2009, 07:24 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Default Quick Reference Website

Does anyone use or have a quick reference website that they use for troubleshooting issues? I thought it would be real handy to have access to when I'm working on a PC and go brain dead on a issue.

Old 01-13-2009, 09:04 PM   #2 (permalink)
Private Joker

Default Re: Quick Reference Website

Google
Live Search

If I help you, or you just like what I said, rep me by clicking the under my post
Old 01-13-2009, 09:37 PM   #3 (permalink)
There and Back again

Computer Forums - Search Forums

Dell 4K S2817Q / Logitech Z-680 / Func MS3 Mouse / Corsair K70 LUX rgb
NZXT Source 530 / i5-7600K / Corsair H100i v2 / ASRock Z270 Extreme4
SM951 M2 256GB / 850 evo 1TB / Seagate 2TB / WD 2TB
2x16GB Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000 / evga Classified GTX 980 ti / Seasonic M12II 850W

Old 01-13-2009, 10:37 PM   #4 (permalink)
Oldie but a goodie

You can also try any of the sticky posts found at the top of each subforum category. A plethora of information awaits.
Old 01-14-2009, 06:31 AM   #5 (permalink)
Newb Techie

I guess I should have explained more. I do use google, that's actually how I first found this site. I was thinking of something similar to - Technibble - A Resource for Computer Repair Technicians & to get PC tech support help.. Something where everything is in one place and you're not really reading through a bunch of posts to get your answer. Is there something you guys use in you day to day tech life or is most of the issues you fix based off what you remember?
Old 01-14-2009, 07:20 AM   #6 (permalink)
Oldie but a goodie

Well Microsoft's TechNet pages are good. It requires some noodling around, but hey. They are the official source in Windows, besides Mak213 I know you are looking for an all-inclusive site with more minimal searching...however, you should still have this as a bookmark nontheless.

TechNet Troubleshooting and Support
Old 01-14-2009, 04:13 PM   #7 (permalink)
Call me Mak or K
Mod Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommonCents View Post
I guess I should have explained more. I do use google, that's actually how I first found this site. I was thinking of something similar to - Technibble - A Resource for Computer Repair Technicians & to get PC tech support help.. Something where everything is in one place and you're not really reading through a bunch of posts to get your answer. Is there something you guys use in you day to day tech life or is most of the issues you fix based off what you remember?
No. Seriously that is the best answer. Cause there is no site that has referenced every error that you can possibly get and its solution.

Even to this day i still use Google, Live Search and Microsoft search and i read thru numerous Newsgroups posting, forum topics and much more to find answers to problems. Even with my vast knowledge of Windows i am still not above using these basic tools and a lot of reading to find answers that will help.

I have at least 150 bookmarks of various sites that hold answers to common questions. But still not a single site that is referenced for all of them. It is just to much to try and get all under 1 roof.

Phone: LG Optimus G Pro
Running: Stock JB from LG with Nova Launcher

Closed Thread