quick questuion

borstarhymes

whats high score mean
this might be inthe wrong area and if so i apologize. At my work i usually keep a micro usb cord plugged in so i can charge my phone, well last week i noticed that the prong was bent thought nothing of it and plugged my phone in about an hour later i noticed the cord was literally melting and bubbling up near the connection end to my phone. i threw that cord away and brought the samsung cord for my phone (samsung galaxy ring) well when i plugged my phone in today the cord instantly started smoking and i got a good whiff of ozone. Understanding theres not a lot to go on would you guys say its my work pc, the cords, or my phone that seems to be the issue

Is it plugged into the USB port of your laptop, or an AC adapter in the wall? Assuming it's plugging into USB in your laptop.

I'd guess something with the USB port is pushing out too much power for the cable, or something is shorting. I'm guessing it doesn't do this at your house when you charge your phone?

If it doesn't do it at your house, I'd say it's the computer - otherwise, possibly the phone. You could try a different USB port, though I'd contact your IT department for them to replace your system.

Also, moved to the hardware board for you.

thanks, yeah plugged into the pc's usb port. No it doesn't do this at home. Can't tell my it as they froen upon us having anything plugged into the pc. Guess i'll just have to wait for this pc to self destruct than lol thanks man

thanks, yeah plugged into the pc's usb port. No it doesn't do this at home. Can't tell my it as they froen upon us having anything plugged into the pc. Guess i'll just have to wait for this pc to self destruct than lol thanks man

I'd get attention brought to it anyway; a lot of people plug their phones into their computer to charge them. But if it's burning up cables, then could be something else wrong with it and I'm sure they'd appreciate knowing before it blows up and you're mad that you can't do work :p.

Just act dumb. Be like I think I smelt something burning but not sure. Might have come from the PC but idk.

Most techs in corporate IT won't give a **** anyway lol; at least we didn't for the most part at my last job. Or if you're at a place where they do... befriending somebody in IT is always a nice thing to do for favors. I know I'd always go out of my way to help somebody that would just chat with me once in a while without actually needing some work done. We mainly just wanted people to tell us that something broke sooner rather than later... that or actually tell us the truth that something happened and was their fault (seriously, not like you're going to get punished and receive a spanking from the IT Dept head) - had one person do this with a phone. Brand new S4, had it for like a week... came in one day with a cracked screen and said "it was just sitting there on my counter charging and when I looked at it again it was cracked!" Yeah...riiiiight...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom