quick power/reset/ mobo conection question

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfenwick

Fully Optimized
Ok, so have old...and I mean old stock case I'm trying to mod to save my brother a few bucks. I'm connecting the pwr/reset/led plugs to the EVGA 590 mobo and am a bit miffed...here are some attempts at diagrams:

mobo pins and manual labels as laid out on the mobo:

----------0 - nc
GND-----00 - rstsw
pwrbtn--00 - gnd
prwled--00 - hddle
vcc5----00 - vcc5

Now the complication is that in the above diagram, on the left, the pwrbtn and pwr led are both 2 pin connectors while the right side from top to bottom is a 3 pin reset and 2 pin hdled (mobo diagram). This doesn't line up with case pins which are: 3 pins for pwrbtn and 2 for reset....what to do? that would mean i need 5 pins for the left and 4 for the right? reverse reset with pwr? right now, sorry for poor diagram, it's 4 on left and 5 on right.

hope that makes sense

The connectors are two lines in a black plastic housing correct? You can use a small screw and pick out the two lines that come from the case and rearrage them back into the housing.

so on the pwr LED which is the 3 sized connector from the case that I need to be two, I can try and pop that wire out of the third line and slip it in the second slot so that the 3 sized connector can work as a 2 sized connector and the third slot just hand empty over the side? there are only two wires feeding to it, the middle of the 3 "bays" is empty.

[edit] to confirm, white wire = vcc and green would be led correct? white usually = current?[/edit]

so on the pwr LED which is the 3 sized connector from the case that I need to be two, I can try and pop that wire out of the third line and slip it in the second slot so that the 3 sized connector can work as a 2 sized connector and the third slot just hand empty over the side? there are only two wires feeding to it, the middle of the 3 "bays" is empty.

[edit] to confirm, white wire = vcc and green would be led correct? white usually = current?[/edit]

Absolutely correct. This is probaly you first ever "mod". ;) I also use this mod to connect my 90's case to my newer mobo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom