Quetec Wireless reciever help

Status
Not open for further replies.

RadRacer

In Runtime
My grand parents just signed up for Fast Access DSL, and received a wireless gateway to install. Well, their current computer location doesn't have any phone ports near it. I remembered I had an old Quetec ASW2301 wireless G/B PCI card, and I put it in their computer so they didn't have to be right next to a phone line. Well, I downloaded the drivers online (don't have the original CD) and everything appears to work fine. BUT, once it get nears the end of the install, it pops up saying the installer was interrupted and nothing has been changed. No matter what I do, it won't finish the install?!? Any suggestions? I can put the card in and everything appears to be working fine, lights blink and such, but no drivers so I can't do anything with it. I remember I tried to put this on my other machine (in sig) running XP and I got the same error, but got around it somehow. Their Compaq's running Vista, but driver's approved for Vista. I would contact Quetec about it, but they went out of business years ago, so there's no way to. What do you guys think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom