Question for people familiar with RMA's - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2007, 07:45 PM   #1 (permalink)
Super Techie

Default Question for people familiar with RMA's

Hello All, so far I've been pretty luck and never had to do an RMA. However, recently, my 7900GT has went crazy with artifacts. I've determined without any doubt it's the video card due to some early fauly Samsung memory.

Anyway, the question, would I be better off doing the RMA through eVGA or NewEGG? eVGA is actually taking forever to deal with, they keep making me try every single thing to determine the card is faulty when I think they already know it is. And NewEgg already gave me an RMA #.

I guess the obvious answer would seem like NewEgg. I've just read that a few people were given 7950gt's through eVGA to replace faulty 7900Gt's. I'm not sure what NewEgg will do as their site no longer sells the eVGA 7900GT KO.

Just looking for any suggestions since I'm an RMA noob. Also, if anyone has dealt with either eVGA or NewEGG and has typical turn around time frame once they receive the defective product that would help as well

Thanks for the help

I apologize for the duplicate post on this, if a mod would be kind enough to delete the duplicate post with my apologies

Old 03-16-2007, 08:00 PM   #2 (permalink)
Monster Techie

Default Re: Question for people familiar with RMA's

New egg would be your best bet in my opinion. They have the best customer service.

Old 03-17-2007, 08:08 AM   #3 (permalink)
Master Techie

Hello,

As with all faulty goods purchased from a retailer, you should return it to the retailer for a refund, not the manufacturer, because it is the retailer's responsibility to ensure that items sold to you are not faulty.

In this instance, Newegg's standard return policy is return for refund within 30 days, and return for replacement within a year.

The process would be more sensible and efficient because the manufacturer sells to the retailer, and the retailer sells to the consumer. Manufacturers who provide their goods in this way aren't adapted to dealing with individual customers, and the majority will encourage you to go through the retailer which you purchased it from because of this.

|Gaming PC| |Dell Latitude E7250| |Macbook Air 13" (Mid 2013)|
|Windows 10 Pro (x64)| |Intel Core i5-6600 @ 3.3 GHz| |MSI NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Gaming X| |Noctua NH-D15S CPU Cooler| |Gigabyte GA-Z170MX-GAMING 5 mATX Motherboard| |Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD| |Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4-SDRAM| |OCZ ModXStream Pro 700W Modular PSU| |NZXT Vulcan Micro ATX Case|
Old 03-17-2007, 06:10 PM   #4 (permalink)
Super Techie

Thank you both for your help. I just boxed up the video card and luckily had everything that came with it including the eVGA stickers As NewEGG issued me an RMA and I still can't get one through eVGA, and my 1 year replacement time through NewEgg is up in under 4 weeks, I'll stay with NewEgg. A friend said I could use one of his old PCI-e cards until I get my new one so I can patiently wait.

Anyone know how long RMA's typically take through NewEgg once they have the product? Also, since NewEgg doesn't list the 7900GT for sale, what are the odds I will get a better card? As long as I get the same card with the new updated Ram I'll be happy, but I was worried since they don't list the 7900GT the process would take longer if they need to get one from eVGA. Sorry, no clue how this stuff works.

Thank you both for your help.
Old 03-18-2007, 07:19 AM   #5 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shafra View Post
Thank you both for your help. I just boxed up the video card and luckily had everything that came with it including the eVGA stickers As NewEGG issued me an RMA and I still can't get one through eVGA, and my 1 year replacement time through NewEgg is up in under 4 weeks, I'll stay with NewEgg. A friend said I could use one of his old PCI-e cards until I get my new one so I can patiently wait.

Anyone know how long RMA's typically take through NewEgg once they have the product? Also, since NewEgg doesn't list the 7900GT for sale, what are the odds I will get a better card? As long as I get the same card with the new updated Ram I'll be happy, but I was worried since they don't list the 7900GT the process would take longer if they need to get one from eVGA. Sorry, no clue how this stuff works.

Thank you both for your help.
They may well offer a refund. In which case, they would refund you for how much you originally payed for the card (you may well stand to gain here).
660GB HDD Capacity (3xHDD)
600w Enermax PSU
eVga 8800 GTS 320mb
Old 03-29-2007, 01:51 AM   #6 (permalink)
Super Techie

Just wanted to follow up this post and say that a refund was offered through NewEgg, but not for the full amount. They offered me a 7950GT replacement or $250 credit. I took the credit and ordered an 8800GTS 640mb. I'm guessing I would have gotten a full refund if they didn't have an acceptable replacement, but I figured I'd get a DX10 card NewEgg is great!

Closed Thread