Question for people familiar with RMA's - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Closed Thread
Old 03-16-2007, 06:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
Super Techie
Default Question for people familiar with RMA's

Hello All, so far I've been pretty luck and never had to do an RMA. However, recently, my 7900GT has went crazy with artifacts. I've determined without any doubt it's the video card due to some early fauly Samsung memory.

Anyway, the question, would I be better off doing the RMA through eVGA or NewEGG? eVGA is actually taking forever to deal with, they keep making me try every single thing to determine the card is faulty when I think they already know it is. And NewEgg already gave me an RMA #.

I guess the obvious answer would seem like NewEgg. I've just read that a few people were given 7950gt's through eVGA to replace faulty 7900Gt's. I'm not sure what NewEgg will do as their site no longer sells the eVGA 7900GT KO.

Just looking for any suggestions since I'm an RMA noob. Also, if anyone has dealt with either eVGA or NewEGG and has typical turn around time frame once they receive the defective product that would help as well

Thanks for the help
Closed Thread