Question about my PSU.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drizzt

Fully Optimized
ATM i'm gaming on my other build while i wait for my mobo to get sent out and a new one to get sent back.

im using a dinky little case... and i was using that powersupply because the plan was to use an 8500 gt in it... but i wanted to see a little bit more fps while im waiting and tried to throw in one of my 8800 gt's. Well when i did that i got a very loud annoying beap from my mobo and no display on my monitor. My only guess is that this Powersupply doesnt haev enough juice to power the 8800 gt, i tried once without the extra power into the back of the card and tried with and both times i didnt get a display...

Newegg.com - RAIDMAX O² ATX-302KP Pink 0.7mm SECC ATX Mid Tower Computer Case 420Watt PRESCOTT/ SATA Ready Power Supply - Retail

yes its pink... but im makeing due with it for now and i find it odd that i can play TF2 on full graphics but not css without getting massive jumpy-ness... so i turned AA off...

So basically, i just want confirmation that i can't use an 8800 gt with that PS and will have to suck it up and wait untill i get my mobo? (2 lazy to take my 800w ps out and stick it in the pink case... plus idk if it will fit)

edit::

"Raidmax has made the perfect case for girl's night in, the O² pink."

rofl it's for my mom...she is a pink fan, i even gave this comp a nice little pink panther boot skin...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom