Q9400 needs f6 Bios update, but it won't execute?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG I LOVE YOU. I FIXED IT! ONE OF THE SETTINGS WAS ON EXTREME FOR OVERCLOCKING, ALL I DID WAS PUT IT ON STANDARD AND IT WORKED. I LOVE YOU AND ALL OTHERS WHO HELPED ME OUT

ahahah not to burst your bubble patonb, but I didn't use jumpers lmao! I just took the batter out for 10 minutes. but you were both right about the temps, it is really hot and I think I need a new cooler before I continure playing games, itll get up to 80c sometimes :S

You can try to lower the temps by lowering the Vcore.

With things stuck in OC mode, maybe the vcores too high.

Unless you hit the load default option.

Even so, try lowering the vcore, run prime95 to test stability, if swtable, lower again.

Ok, I turned the vcore down from 1.2875 to 1.0000. Not too much of a difference, but my question is what should it be set at? Like what is reasonable that will lower the temps?
.8750?

That I'm not sure....

But 2 questions........ What program are you using to monitor temps...

Do you have proper thermal compound on the chip? I know you've played around with it, so is the TIM still good?

MANHATTAN Computer Products : CPU Thermal Grease

For that quadcore you have you should queeze a small gum size on that, put the heatsink fan on before latching, twist left and right twice then strap on the cooler.

Artic silver does a better job but manhattan will do temporarily until you find a good cooler.
Don't buy it from radio shack though they want 10.00 bucks for the stuff.
Your Local computer store will sell it for 4.,99 to 6.99 total with tax.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom