Q6600 first boot up. Idles at 50 C after a few minutes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
also depends on room temp. just moved in a new home and my room turn out to be the hottest. And guess what temps rose 10*c higher even with my Thermal Take cooler

It runs 43*C with 5500RPM fan on idle

Ambient temperatures do indeed, play a big factor, in your system's temperatures.

Newegg.com - ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 7 Pro 92mm CPU Cooler - Retail

There's the one.

But when I get off work, in an hour and a half, I'm heading over to a local computer store. I'll pick a good one up for around $50 and some arctic silver.

I'm going to be doing alot of gaming tonight at my friends, so I'm not down at all for leaving that stock one on at all. Especially not with no AC in an apartment with multiple TV's, computers, and consoles going. Way too hot for that.

Ambient temperatures do indeed, play a big factor, in your system's temperatures.

And I'm aware of that.

The temp of the room it was in was very very cool. My house is airconditioned and is always in the very low 70's. I have two 120MM case fans too.

UPDATE:

That mobo took a dump on me.

First time I've ever treid an Abit, last time I ever will. That had to of been the most random/last stable mobo I've ever used.

I took it back and got an ASUS. Love that brand, I had an ASUS A8N-32 SLI in my last AMD rig. Now I have another!

My Pentium 4 idles at like 55 and hits 75 under load, which it does alot since I started folding.

I figure if it goes out...Pentium 4 cpus are cheap...heh...

I just went from my e6600 to my q6600 and the one thing i noticed is that the dual core had a thermal paste type coating, and the quad has what looks to be a thermal pad. The thermal pad is crap. I'm also running at 50C at idle on stock cooling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom