pwr supply

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I am sorry what? What is it you are asking? Put a older what in a newer what? Need some info to be of help here.

Cheers,
Mak

He's asking what if he puts in an older power supply in a newer computer.

Well, what are the specs of the older PSU? What's the wattage/specs on the sticker on the side?

What's the specs of the newer computer?

Yeah, we need some more info.
Generally putting an older PSU in a new computer does not cause any problems providing the wattage is high enough for the devices you are running.

As CarnageX said, give use the specs of the PC and all the info you can find on the side of the new + older PSU and we'll be happy to help you out.

Cheers,

~ Tkey

:eek: ok. do psu's just quit because i put a less wattage in and it works. my old one was 500W and the new one is 450W.

That sort of made no sense. But a 450W can be more powerfully than the 500W as it all comes down to the amps on the 12v rail.

so is a less W more than a higher one? which psu W do i get?

i have and amd sempron 3000+, 1gb ram, 2 sata hd, dvd rom, cdrw, onboard video and audio and lan, floppy drive

It depends on what you are replacing it with, and what the orginal one was - as said before it's not the watt's that matter it's the amp's on the 12 vault rail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom