puter wont boot - bios problem??

Status
Not open for further replies.

plumber4578

In Runtime
I installed a program off ASUS website - AIbooost or something like that, updating my graphics driver and when computer went to reboot this is what the screen says,

Boot Block Compatible Version Ver.032
If you want to recovery from USB,
please do not insert any disc into CD-ROM and floppy!!
Bad BIOS checksum. Starting BIOS recovery...
Checking for floppy...
checking for CD-ROM...
checking for USB Device...

Hello,

You shouldn't need to buy a new motherboard. As reported, The BIOS CMOS data is corrupt. Your motherboard has ASUS CrashFree BIOS 3 which allows you to restore the BIOS if it becomes corrupt.

Download the latest BIOS version for your motherboard: http://dlsvr01.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/socket775/P5W DH Deluxe/P5WDH2602.zip. Extract the .ROM file from the .zip file and copy it to CD, floppy disk or USB flash drive, then turn on the computer with the media inserted, to recover the BIOS.

Page 87 of the ASUS P5W DH Deluxe Motherboard Manual gives more detailed information on how to recover the BIOS.

I put the new bios on a flash. It says it reads the flash file but then keeps searching a floppy and CD drive. THen it goes back the searching and reading the flash. It never installs the bios off the flash. Weird thing is that for the last 2 days I have been shutting down the power to my mobo. the next day i power it up and start my puter and it starts up normally. but when i turn it off or restasrt it it won't boot. Another question I have it I just go and get another Mobo (differnet one) can I just change everything over and boot up or will i have to reinstall Vista?? Becuase if I can't fix this thing and I have to get another mobo I am not getting the same one. I am tired of Asus. there support is alwful!!

If you do get another motherboard you'll have to reinstall everything. If it is generally the same type (eg. P35, 680i etc.) you could try to do a Windows repair on it but no guarantees.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom