PSU Wont support new video card...

Status
Not open for further replies.
there are no stores near me that sell that power supply

So yeah its really frustrating, ive been trying to get a new vide card for some time now, and when I actually get one....i cant use it :)

I noticed you linked the the canadian tigerdirect.ca, where are you located that you can find a video card but not a psu? It looks like the computer will take a standard psu without issue, no proprietary psu limitations in this one.

If for some reason you like tigerdirect.ca then the Corsair 450vx is an excellent quality power supply, one of if not the best 400-500watt PSU. I have two that run 24/7 in the house and have had a single 450 power a OC'd dual core, single HDD, DVDRW, 2GB ram, and SLI 8800gt's running no problem, so carries a good kick to it:

Corsair VX450W 450-Watt ATX 120mm Fan SATA-Ready Power Supply, 80Plus CMPSU-450VX in Canada at TigerDirect.ca

Alright but how positive are you that this is going to work? I blew all of my money on the card and now i have to rely on my parents...(50 and still living at home..jk jk) and if this doesnt work then.

What has your research told you? Did you find out what type of PSU your computer uses? Were you able to read any of the threads in the link I provided? The corsair linked above is an excellent PSU and is standard ATX.

We can make recommendations for you but ultimately it is your responsibility to research a purchase properly.

k thanks guys, but I dont know what to research :p what kind of questions should i ask cause so far the only thing I understand about PSUs is the wattage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom