PSU Wont support new video card...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TekBubs

In Runtime
im pressed for time
my PSU is only 300 watts and it doesnt have a 6pin connector or something like that..

im using a dell inspiron 518 and im trying to upgrade my 3450 to an XFX 9800GT.. is it possible to use this video card? it demands a 400w minimum

I think your going to need to upgrade the PS I would link one but can't copy and paste on the Iphone but I'm sure someone will give you a good sugestion on what would be a good PS

Dauntae

Before you go buying anything make sure you can use an aftermarket psu

Dell usually have a different pin lay out for psu's and you don't want to risk frying parts

You will have to OPEN your Dell and look at the connection. Each system is different. I was able to use a aftermarket PSU in my Dimension 8400 but that is not very common. It used just a generic 24 Pin connector. So i could use any PSU.

YOU MUST CHECK THIS. WE CANT ANSWER THAT FOR YOU.

Does that help?

Im sure you can check online whether or not your PSU is propiretary (sp?) Anyways.

I know for sure PC power and cooling make dell compatible PSU's.

Im sure you can check online whether or not your PSU is propiretary (sp?) Anyways.

I know for sure PC power and cooling make dell compatible PSU's.

yes, they do I have one in a box in my closet. It's 500watts. I'd be willing to part with it for say, "$50 USD +Shipping"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom