PSU Related Questions...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetalOwns

In Runtime
I have this case: Newegg.com - RAIDMAX SMILODON ATX-612WBP Black SECC STEEL ATX Mid Tower Computer Case 500W Power Supply - Retail

I'm using the PSU that came with it...and before anyone says anything, I know it's not recommended to use the PSU's that come with cases, but I didn't have much of a choice...My parent's didn't want to buy the other case I wanted and the guy who was helping us (really he just checked over everything I picked out to make sure it was compatible since it was my first time building), found this case/PSU on newegg, so my parents went with his idea, and scraped the case and PSU I had originally planned on.

Anyway, I was wondering if it was possible that this PSU is the culprit of me not being able to overclock as far as I had hoped. Whenever I look at the CPU voltage in any program, it's never what I set it to in the BIOS (1.3875)...it is always fluncuating between 1.34 or 1.36 or something right around that. Also, my computer won't boot if the northbridge or southbridge is set at anything higher than +.1v.

So is this the cause of the problems or not?

Yes, the power supply could limit you on your overclocking speed. The psu that you have is pretty crappy.

Heh, yeah...I was reading some of the reviews on the case on newegg. Most (all except one...lol) of them did not speak to highly of it. Well, I guess I'll look into a new one.

Any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom