psu question

Status
Not open for further replies.

bazzer55

Baseband Member
hi folks! a pretty staightforward Q. on atx psu's. i bought a channel well technology 350watt p4 compatible psu some time back. tested it ok on receipt and re-boxed it. now, some eigteen months later, i needed it for a build. this time it was tested with mbm5 ( i'd never heard of the prog. at the time!!) and find that the 3.3v rail runs at just over 3v. any clues on the relative importance of the 3.3v rail please? what is the function in a p4 system? the unit will only be basic. any links for info would be appreciated.
thanks in advance

The 3.3v rail is rarely even used fully bc a lot of times it's used by the processor. But like nitestick has, if you stability issues...

Dan

thanks to nitestick and dipique for your input....so, what are the uses that the 3.3v rail is put to? considering that the psu is the most important harware item in the system, too little is talked about it. seems very difficult to obtain indepth knowledge on the subject!!!

many thanx all, that puts things nicely in perspective; the board i am using ain't overclockable!! so shouln't be a prob there. also helps me to understand a little better what is happening under the "hood"..still a steep learning curve....thanx again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom