PSU for a powerful PC..?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThePCmaN

In Runtime
im not sure on a PSU for these specs (havent purchased parts yet, but if everything goes right..i wanna make sure it doesnt die on me)

AMD Athlon 64 3700+ San Diego
Asus A8V Deluxe Socket 939
ATI Radeon x850XT AGP
OCZ Gold Series 1GB (512MBx2) PC3200
WD Raptor 74GB 10,000RPM

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817153011
would that PSU power those PC parts listed above.. and i dont wanna spend a mass amount on the PSU, none of that $200 stuff...

480w is good enough...but if you want to upgrade..you might consider a 500w or higher

well i wasnt sure.. cuz ive read some stuff, and some 500Watts arent what they are said to be, the arent made with good quality.. but ive heard that the Thermaltake that i put a link to is pretty good quality.. but wasnt sure if it would support or not.. id like to have a 500watt PSU, that is a good quality one and would actually last n what not.

i have to say though..that PSU above is really good...480w will hold you fine...but just incase you want to upgrade in the future then you might consider larger...you also have to remember that you'll also be powering your opticle drives as well as hard drives

nah it will still work...thats just incase you're using a SLI board with PCI-E

but the main connector is 24 pin.. thats not gonna fit in a 20 pin .. unless my math is off...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom