PSU and Mobo Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

cryptic26djp

Baseband Member
I recently purchased the Antec TruePower 2.0 TP2-550 EPS12V 550W Power Supply and I am not sure about all of these cables that are attached to it.

The instructions say that I can connect the case fans directly to the PSU cable. It also says that I can monitor the fan speed and stuff by attaching another cable to the Mobo. I am a bit confused and do not want to connect this wrong.

My Setup:

ASUS P5WD2 Premium Socket T (LGA 775) Intel 955X ATX Intel Motherboard w/Intel Pentium D 930 Presler 800MHz FSB 2 x 2MB L2 Cache LGA 775 Dual Core Processor. I also have a DVD RW, CD ROM, and Floppy drive. And the Thermaltake Matrix VX VD3000BWA Black Aluminum ATX Mid Tower Computer Case.

Here are my questions:

Issue One: What is the best way to connect the PSU to my system???

Issue Two: There are two USB ports on the front of this case. However, I cannot seem to figure out how to connect them to the Mobo. There are two connections on the Mobo for USB. When looking at the Mobo, the USB headers are directly between the IE1394_2 and Game plug.

The USB headers are labeled as such: USB56 and USB78
Each of them have two rows of pins. Five pins on the top and four on the bottom.

The two plugs from my case have a 4-pin socket with a single ground running off of it also. The are setup as follows:

[o o o o] [o]

First Pin: VCC1
Second Pin: USB1-
Third Pin: USB1+
Forth Pin: GND1

Single Pin: GND

The second USB cable from the case is labeled exactly the same but the numbers are "2" rather than "1".

Please be specific with comments and as I am still learning the tricks of the trade.

THANKS!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom