PSU like acting like a vehicle...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrysamere

Baseband Member
my psu has been going crazy... it has a switch in the back i put it on then it requires me to pres the tower button so it usually goes on..

lately it has been different... i turn the switch on then press the button.. i hear it start for 3 seconds then it goes off and i repeat the process... then if i let it sit for like 2 min it goes on... with only the flick of the switch... you know those things when u start a car and it wont start... then it starts randomly.....:freak::freak:, anyway the computer is usable but im just getting nervous... i dont want it to die.

also when the psu starts up there is always sound like there is sand in the fan.... i opened the psu and cleaned it theres nothing there....

my psu is like this psu Newegg.com - ePOWER ZU-400W 400W ATX12V V2.0 Power Supply 115/ 230 V CE, cUL, FCC, TUV, RoHS - Power Supplies

but with more amps on 12 v rail its black and 450 watts. cost me 50 bucks

Hello,

Sadly i have to agree with KurrentEweser. That PSU has nothign but low ratings and a few were Dead on Arrival. Not a good sign of a good PSU.

Might have to spend a bit more and get a better brand with better reviews.

Cheers,
Mak

like everyone else said, thats a not so good psu and brand. Best to look at ste's psu guide in the hardware stickies index.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom