PSU Issues?

I am aware. But I do believe it was a malfunction with the 780 being that i havent had any issues since i swapped them. And I needed the 6gb to handle the 4k monitor optimally. I'm going to have someone look at the 780ti to be sure if it was the card. There was some weird black residue that appeared on my rig at some point that looked an awful lot like the same crap that flew out of my old xbox power supply when it blew out. It didn't make much sense until I remembered that. And as I said I wouldn't be surprised if ibuypower built my rig with used parts.

The more optimal thing to do would have been wait for the 800 series next month. A single Titan Black isn't enough power to handle 4k. It isn't so much a VRAM issue with 4k as we are just lacking the raw horsepower right now.

I had no idea they were releasing a new series anytime soon. As I mentioned in the beginning of this thread I'm fairly new to the whole pc side of gaming. Live and learn eh? Well if need be I'm sure I could get the titan sold to take at least a big chunk off an 800 price tag.

i dont think the 800 series are going to cost as much as a titan black maybe a 880ti or a 890

For the price of one Titan Black I'm sure you could buy 2 880s lol. They are expected to be released around the same price as the 680 in 2012. MSRP for that was $450 so I would expect anywhere between 450 and 525.

Well as of right now my rig is working phenomenally. Most games running at max settings smoothly. Some don't care for 3400x2160 resolution or whatever it is but that's not a problem. Eventually I will go SLI with different cards but for right now the titan black is serving it's purpose.

Back
Top Bottom