PSU Issues?

Tis not letting me download them. I'll have to get a friend over here who has a mobile hot spot or something. Ugh...

Hey guys..me again... more overheating problems. I've done a bit of research and I've narrowed it down to a possible graphics ram problem. The 780ti I'm currently using has 3gb of ram. It could be that the screen resolution is pushing/ exceeding the GPU's ability. I've been wanting to switch to an SLI setup. So my question is would installing a second GPU help this issue or should I switch to a different card with higher graphics ram?

Using over the amount of VRAM you have won't cause overheating.

What games are you having problems with and at what resolution?

SLI doesn't give more VRAM btw, as both cards have identical texture information. SLI mirrors VRAM.

Lately I've played borderlands 2. Splinter cell blacklist and Wolfenstein the new order. And my max resolution is 1920x1080. Which I run all of my games on.

Then perhaps it's not an over heating issue? I mentioned a while back that none of my thermometers are picking up any abnormal heat spikes. I did read that there can be a problem between the resolution and not having enough graphics ram. They weren't clear as to what though

Ok so your issue is still shutting down, or no?

Having not enough VRAM on certain games will only slow your FPS a bit or cause an annoying stutter. There are only 2 games right now (besides a heavilly modded Skyrim) that can do this at 1080p. The New Order with 8k setting applied (because of the way the engine uses texture streaming) and Watch Dogs. Wolfenstein is made to fill your VRAM regardless of size or setting because textures are streamed (it's an IDTech5 engine thing) so it's not supposed to cause adverse issues while being full. Considering I can play the game fine on my card it shouldn't cause issues on a 780ti.

If your CPU isn't going over 70c and your GPU isn't going over 90c you should have no issues revolving around heat.

Here lately it's just been a solid freeze. I'm headed to work now so when I get home I'll play again and let you know what happens. Check all my heat monitors and whatnot. Thanks again for helping me out man.

Ok. So as it turns out it might just have been an issue with my GPU. I was going to upgrade my monitor so I needed a new card anyway. I went with the Titan Black edition. I've had several long gaming sessions with either BF4 or Wolfenstein : The New Order. No problems from either. I'll give it another couple of goes before I'm sure but so far so good. Either way if I ever buy want another rig I'm not going with ibuypower anymore. I'll build my own. I've had several issues with my rig I had them build. They had no warning of the possible complications between gpu and sound card drivers. The blu ray drive died and so on. It would not surprise me if they build PCs with used parts. I didn't get any manuals or anything for the hardware.

damn bro u you should see if u could send that 780 ti in for RMA is what i did and i got a brand new one in the box back

Back
Top Bottom