PSU Issue. I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EnToxication

Solid State Member
I have Ultra X-Finity, which is a pretty good PSU.

My Specs:

Mobo: EVGA 680i
CPU: Duo Core E6700 2.66GHz - Dark Knight Cooler
GPU: EVGA 8800GTX
RAM: OCZ 1GB RAM x 4 (OCZ Platinum)

I built my computer 2 years ago and suddenly.

1. One of my Dual Channel Died, all my RAM sticks works on my other comp, and I ran memory testing for 24 hours straight on my other computer, no hardware problems were found.

2. My Hard Drives Started Failing, bad sectors, errors blah blah.(I was using 7200RPM SATA drives, I switch to the old SCSI drives and I stopped getting errors)

3. My Video started to get random artifacts or immediate shut down during 3D Gaming.

4. I get bad RAM artifact in Safe Mode, can't boot into normal windows most of the time. Sometimes, I can boot into windows fine and play games for a while but I get really bad artifacts but my computer doesn't freeze. (I can play Starcraft that doesn't use any 3d applications or that much video RAM I think.)

Those things happened in exact order. I am wondering if my PSU can cause this. I am thinking of changing mobo and Video Card anyways, but I don't want to end up with a piece of crap PSU that can't even run my computer. When my RAM slot died, I thought it might be my mobo problem, but I saw that sometimes I can boot with 4 stick at lower voltage. Then I started to get Hard Drive issues, random crashing and video artifacts whil playing 3D games. All I could think right now is that my PSU is the problem.

I am thinking of buying Corsair 750W.

a PSU can cause hard drive failures if its starting to fail itself by having mini power cuts to your hardware. I has a customer come to me & his hard drive just randomly powered off & then on again which causes damage.

I always have a spare for everything so if things start to go weird, i pull bits out & track down the source.

Also something to note, I once had the type of PSU you have a 700w black, my wife bought herself a bargain 650w unbranded & her's out lived mine..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom