PSU fan speed problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

catax

Solid State Member
I have a corsair 750tx(750w) along with the rest of my system all NEW that i bought three weeks ago.

this morning when i was just surfing the net, all of a sudden my PSU fan turned itself to high speed. It's cold in the morning and my temps are all the same and I wasn't doing anything intensive that needs extra power.

I turned it off and turned it back on a few hours later and still having the same problem. My main concern here is the fan is LOUD! So loud my ear's going deaf(not rly). but it's annoying the $@%* out of me.

i tried to leave the psu fan off and it got incredibly hot in a few mins so i put it back on. I don't think it's an oiling problem because the fan noise just came on all of a sudden, and it's only been used for about three weeks. The fan itself isn't making a lot of noise, but when it's mounted on the bottom and sucking air through the holes on the bottom of my case it's making the loud wizzing noises.

can anyone give me a solution to this ? like how to lower the speed of my psu fan? i would really appreciate it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom