Product Serial

Status
Not open for further replies.

adamcornforth

Solid State Member
Hello everyone,

Reformatted my pc afew minutes ago. Just got it up and running now and im greeted with a unauthorized product key for my windows xp home edition, i reformatted to see if i could make some problems inflicting my computer or possible fix any graphics driver issues that i wrote in my last thread. Seems to of suceeded for now. But anyways, the product key has automatically been entered but yet its saying its not correct and irronically ive lost my cd box which probably had my serial key on it Bah!

But it leaves the question if that is the serial key thats on the box thats automatically been input like it ussualy has been done in previous reformats, why is it invalid?

Im not asking for anyones serial key dont get me wrong for a theiving git, just want to fix this pretty quickly before it locks me out of my system.

And by the way, when install i had afew files missed from my disk being scratched, these are the following:

msratelc.dll
oembios.bin
msr2c.dll
msrclr4.dll
msr2cenu.dll
msrating.dll

If i cant find any way to resolve this ill probably end up buying a new system disk which leads to the question of what to buy? XP, Proffesional or the new vista?

Thanks for any educated responses

Adam

I used vusta for 2 months and it really sucks. I wouldnt buy it for another year or so. If you have any new hardware or major changes it will make windows prompt you for a new key.

You may just have to call MS to have them activate windows for you. Tell them you had to reformat, and they'll walk you through (give you about 50 numbers to input lol),and you should be good to go then.

Aha i found the product key stamped on the back of my computer, inputed it and its working! good stuff, roll on the next problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom