Processor incredibly Hot, what to do

Status
Not open for further replies.
And this is for a 930 yes?

60C would be a pretty good load temp, but 54 is terrible especially considering you're still underclocked.

Like so:

apply_2.jpg

Do not spread. The weight of the heatsink will evenly spread it out.

^^The picture above^^ is using TO MUCH PASTE.

You only need to use about as much paste as what would equal a single grain of dried rice, about as much paste as I've got highlighted.

apply1.jpg

I bought arctic silver 5 today and applied it to the heat sync and to my knowledge I put it on right a very thin layer accros all of it.

Arctic Silver 5 is a substandard paste and it's not worth using on a modern cpu. Get some Tuniq TX-2 and don't "spread it" by hand. The weight of the heatsink will spread it more uniformly than you can.

Newegg.com - Tuniq TX-2 Cooling Thermal Compound

So i just removed all the other stuff and added it like shown and now it's at 92 degrees instead of the 60. Should i wait a while for it to spread out or should it instantly be cooler?

While you wait for them I'll be your tech support. :)
Turn off your computer for about 10-15 minutes and wait for the heatsink paste to settle in before turninng it back on.
Let me ask this when applying did you did twist the heatsink left and right just a little to make sure the paste spreads out.
When ever I put any tuniq, or masscool paste on any cpu I always do that and wait and the cpu starts up at a good low tempature.

No I hadn't done that but these temperatures are way to high, I can't figure it out even at a timing of 12 it's at the 80 zone so now i"m just going to send it back =[

Well i'd like to say thanks to everyone here for all the help they've given me. I really appreciate all the continuous support and checking in and everything to continue posting and checking on how it's going to keep helping me. It's nice to know these forums exist with people who genuinely want to help. Just sucks that I had just gotten this and need to send it back. On the plus side my gf ordered me a 1.5 tb hard drive and a water pump for when I get my processor back. Thanks all, any one have any more to add I will continue checking

Are you still using the Arctic Silver 5 or did you get a different paste?

Your GF ordered you a water pump? Did she also order a waterblock, radiator, reservoir, tubing, etc...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom