Processor Identity!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HellFragger

Solid State Member
CPU-Z latest version 1.32 shows that i have a Manchester core Athlon 64!!! but i have a single core processor....CPU-Z as well as other software also show this..not only this i purchased this Box Packed which says this is Athlon 64 single core!
i checked with the website entering the OPN number but it shows that this is a 90nm SOI 1.35V 67C model E4!
i expected a Venice core...but Manchester is absurd!!
is is possible that this is a defective Manchester with one bad core which is sold to me as single core Venice???

Also i have a 400W PSU..is it ok for my system.....my system powers down when there is high HDD activity!!

Wow... That's strange. I would try a few different tests and see if you get the same results. Then, if you're still getting dual core readings, try to update your bios and load the 2nd core...

Ryan

Hey!!

Sorry i didn't get you ....what test will you try...you never mentioned anything!!!
please be clear !!!
@FghtinIrshNvrDi

HI

:(

there is more to the problem!! (b4 you wager!!)

the processor unlike Venice is not stable even with slight overclocking!!
and even though i have enabled C'nQ from BIOS and windows the processor always runs at full speed!!! u see C'n'Q is not working!!
my friend says that this is a faulty Manchester sold to me as single core Venice! Is he right???
also if he is.......should i ask my vendor to replace this one???

hi

please tell me what should i do.....return this processor or try some more softwares to check it's ID....suggest some softwares plz!! and thanx a lot for replying to this post!!!

Re: hi

HellFragger said:
please tell me what should i do.....return this processor or try some more softwares to check it's ID....suggest some softwares plz!! and thanx a lot for replying to this post!!!

I use AIDA 32 . It's great for real time information,
About you system.

http://www.majorgeeks.com[url] T... get to the main page. And search up AiDA 32.

thnx every body

:D

hey i flashed my bios to the latest version and C'n'Q is working fine......
though CPUZ still shows this to be a "Manchester" revision
"BH-E4" so i dunno what to do...this is not dual core....is there any way i can make the other core work????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom