Process taking up HUGE amounts of memory!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lickitung

Beta member
Long story short, one program I run (not a system process, its an MMO) is taking up a scary amount of system memory.

If I check task managed, it will occasionally be using over 1,000,000 (yes, MILLION) memory. This has overheated my laptop a few times, but what's strange is that this game is not exactly graphics intensive or anything of that sort. In addition, a few months ago I was able to run the game just fine, with memory usage running somewhere between 300-600K. Now it's generally at least 1,200,000, if not higher. Something is clearly not right here.

I really have no idea what could be causing this. It's not a virus. I've scanned and scanned and scanned some more. Nobody is using my connection either.
It's clearly not a graphics card issue considering I was always able to run the game just fine. I've defragged and whatnot and it's still the same thing.

I'm at my wits end. Anyone think they might know what the problem is? Possible solutions?

Have you reported this to the game developers so they can investigate it as a memory leak? Not much we can suggest other than remove the game and reinstall if you won't even give a name.

Talk to the game devs. It could be a memory leak like the one that has been pesent in Firefox since it was created.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom