Problems with wireless usb adapter

Status
Not open for further replies.

windows 7

Beta member
Ok so I recentaly bought a Wireless-150N Compact USB Adapter for my windows 7 desktop. My itnernet provider charges 120 for the adapter :hrmph: so I went and got this one for 30 and installed connectify in order for me to make a hotspot. Everything was going great when suddenly it would disconnect for no apparent reason and then connected back again. All of its drivers are up to date and only stays connected for a few seconds and suddenly disconnects once more.
One of my fiends said my comp is trying to save power so it turns it off but I don't have a clue.
Any help is appreciated :grin:

To verify that's not the case:

Start > Right click Computer > Properties > Device Manager > Expand Network Adapters > find your wireless USB adapter > right click > properties > Power management tab > uncheck the option to turn it off to save power.

To verify that's not the case:

Start > Right click Computer > Properties > Device Manager > Expand Network Adapters > find your wireless USB adapter > right click > properties > Power management tab > uncheck the option to turn it off to save power.

Did as you said but still continues to disconnect, a few weeks ago this did not happen :p hopefully i can get this fixed and thanks for the reply.

Did you by chance update the drivers through Windows Update when the issue started to occur?

I have 4 wireless usb dongles here that have all developed the same issue. Two are belikn one is netgear and one is no brand. I believe it is related to the fact that they get so hot during heavy use. I have moved on to another solution as it seems the dongles don't last. I was advised that the dongles are no good but I tried and tried now I use a D-Link DWL-G820 and it works amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom